FSharp.CloudAgent provides a simple framework to easily distribute workloads over the cloud whilst using standard F# Agents as the processing mechanism. Support exists for both simple and reliable messaging via Azure Service Bus, and for both workers and actors.
Samples & documentation
The library comes with comprehensible documentation. The API reference is automatically generated from Markdown comments in the library implementation.
- Tutorial contains same basic examples of how to use FSharp.CloudAgent.
- Agent Paradigms explains the core differences between the types of supported Cloud Agents.
- Azure Service Bus provides an overview of Azure Service Bus and how it interoperates with F# Agents.
- Windows Service Bus provides an overview of Windows Service Bus and how it can be used in place of Azure Service Bus.
- Error Handling suggests some high-level principles of how to cater for errors within Cloud Agent.
- API Reference contains automatically generated documentation for all types, modules and functions in the library. This includes additional brief samples on using most of the functions.
Contributing and copyright
The project is hosted on GitHub where you can report issues, fork the project and submit pull requests. If you're adding a new public API, please also consider adding samples that can be turned into a documentation. You might also want to read the library design notes to understand how it works.
The library is available under Public Domain license, which allows modification and redistribution for both commercial and non-commercial purposes. For more information see the License file in the GitHub repository.