Fabulous for Xamarin.Forms - Guide
- Getting started
- Basic Elements
- Lists and Tables
- Performance hints
- Multi-page applications and Navigation
- Extensions: FFImageLoading (image caching)
- Extensions: Maps (platform maps)
- Extensions: SkiaSharp (drawing 2D graphics)
- Extensions: OxyPlot (charting)
- Extensions: VideoManager (audio and video)
- Update and Messages
- Migration guide from v0.36 to v0.40
- Migration guide from v0.43 to v0.50
- Further Resources
The MediaManager plugin allow to play audio and video with Xamarin. Using this VideoManager, you can create a dedicated view to render a video in your fabulous application.
MediaManager has been created by Martijn van Dijk and its original project can be found on its github repository.
Fabulous.XamarinForms.VideoManager implements a view component for the type VideoView.
Fabulous.XamarinForms.VideoView, you must
- Add a reference to
Plugin.MediaManager.Formsacross your whole solution. This will add appropriate references to your platform-specific Android and iOS projects too.
- Next add a reference to
Fabulous.XamarinForms.VideoManageracross your whole solution.
After these steps you can use VideoView in your view function. Here is a simple example of using VideoView to display a video player of Big Buck Bunny:
open Fabulous.XamarinForms View.VideoView( source = "https://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/gtv-videos-bucket/sample/BigBuckBunny.mp4", showControls = false, heightRequest = 500., widthRequest = 200.)